Friday, November 14, 2014

And Spent

You know how sometimes you have an amazing idea for a layout and it just does not translate well in real life and the layout looks nothing like what you first envisioned and you kinda like but you kind of don't as well.....Yeah that is this layout.

No matter what I did nothing much of the original idea became a reality except maybe where the photo went.  Ohh and please excuse the funny dark patches on the layout.....I may have left it next to the window with some card making stuff laying on top.....note to self so not leave layouts out always put them away when finished.

I think part of the issue here was that one I was making a layout for submission which I have not done in years and secondly they are gorgeous papers (Bo Bunny, Happy Tails) they are in a colour scheme that I usually stay well away from. 



A back story.....Those alphas have seen some action in my craft room, they have been painted and inked and glittered and now misted.  They are a set released by Heidi Grace many, many, many years ago and were the first non raw chipboard alphas I ever bought.  This layout just did not suit any of the styles or colours that I had in my alphas so rather than resorting to getting out the cricut I got these old faithfuls out, ripped off the pattern top and mixed up a custom glimmer mist that was just perfect for this layout.

No comments: