Saturday, September 26, 2015

First Moment....

This is the second in a serious of UFO layouts that I have been getting through and finally able to get into an album.
I have had some issues with a couple of the layouts that I made last and this was one of them.  I am still not sure if it has been a heat or cold thing or a combination of the hot days and cold nights but there has been issues of glue lifting and curling paper, very frustrating but I haven't had an issue for a little bit so we will keep an eye on that one.



About a year ago now we went over to Moreton Island for nine days and this is the first layout that I have made from that trip, I have so many ideas for the photos from Moreton, I guess the problem now is actually getting started on them.

I knew that I wanted to use light blues and yellows for this page I mean just look at those beautiful soft colours of that sunset, you couldn't through in brights on those photos.  Another thing that I just knew I had to use was the charcoal Addy alphas from Studio Calico, a beautiful font in a soft neutral, perfect.


The hardest part of this layout was the embellishments, I am a hoarder of hearts and brads but nothing beach or sea related.  The vellum shell that you see in the bottom right corner was the source of many a curse word, I knew that I wanted to have a shell on this layout but I have a Cricut and no cartridge with shells and I could not find a single image anywhere of the right shell for this layout so I free handed a shell and fussy cut just like the good old days.  I will tell you what, boy am I glad that we have die cutting machines these days, I just don't have the patience for that kind of carry on anymore, ha.

Add in some misting drops, a watercolour starfish and a couple of complementary sequins and you have embellishments perfect for a soft pastel coloured beach themed layout.

No comments: