Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Thinking outside the box.


Last weekend I started working on a project that is a pretty big one for me.

I tend to be a single 12x12 page scrapbooker using materials from all over the place, different manufactures, collections and even different decades.... yikes, however this project in particular has been different in a few ways. I have stuck really closely to using just the one collection and creating multiple pages from the one trip. 

 In the almost two decades that I have been scrapbooking I don't think I have done either before. I had in my stash the Endless Summer collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio which had a number of the embellishment packs so I decided to start from there and work my way through the kit. One of the interesting things that I found was that by being limited to what products I had to work with I used things that I would normally pass over, that has been challenging but I am also loving the outcomes that are starting to take form in my layouts.

 I think that we get stuck in our ways especially when we have been doing something for so long but it is nice to shake things up and try new and different things. I have always had a tendancy to buy single sheets of paper rather than a collection but I think from now on especially when I have an album or a project that I am working on I might stick to the kit format, its been an enlightening time.

No comments: