Monday, August 27, 2012

Thank You cards



I love making invitations and cards, the card thing is a fairly new hobby of mine but really there is nothing better than getting an unexpected card or letter in the mail, I will openly admit that a hand written envelope makes me rather giddy and excited for what may be inside especially as these days everything seems to be done via the digital route.


 Seeing as I had to make a few of these I decided to go for the most simple yet effective design that I could muster.  The paper was a no brainer, it was pink and orange I already owned it so no extra costs and the print tied in with some of the fabric that I used for my party.  Quick, simple and stylish, perfect....well almost perfect.


I ran out of paper :(
Actually I finished the first sheet and then could not bring myself to use the second sheet as I know they no longer sell this paper and I figured it would be perfect for a scrapbooking layout of my party, so what's a girl  to do?
I dug around to find an orange that matched the Kaisercraft paper and I actually had something that was very close.  I used a damask stamp and although I did not have any pink embossing powder I did have a metallic purple so I used that, I LOVE how this turned out, win!


Okay so I had one more to make and I really could not be bothered to emboss the rest of the paper just for one card so I came up with idea of a collage.  This is possibly my favourite one out of the lot and it reminds me for some reason of serendipity squares from waaaaay back in the day, now that's showing my scrapbooking age right there LOL.

1 comment:

Jilliene Designs said...

I love those cards and your blog is gorgeous too.

www.jillienedesigns.blogspot.com