Thursday, August 23, 2012

The party goods

So a few weeks ago I celebrated my 30th birthday and as always it was a hugely DIY affair.  It was actually really hard to pick what I was going to do especially with the influence that pinterest now has in the home crafters life, so many choices.....
Dress up or not, casual or dressy, daytime or night, family orientated or a adult only?

Basically I had no idea what I was doing until about three weeks prior and a purchase of a few meters of fabric.

The invites, please excuse the dodgy iPhone photo but this was all I took before I posted them off.  Howe awesome is glitter paper, I have only ever used the DCWV glitter stack paper and it is more of a varnish with silver flecks through it, this however is glittery awesomeness.

The Table runner.  I managed to find the perfect tassels and was able to run this up in less than an hour, I love it so much that it has become the runner on the dining table.

The bunting, I had two separate buntings for the night, this short one that was perfect for the cake table or just my beat up old dresser that I am hoarding and a ten meter one that went around the perimeter of where the party was. 



The garland.  I am so shocked at how easy it is to make these, it probably helps a whole lot that I have a Cricut, seriously the whole thing took maybe two hours maybe three and it was huge, again I loved it so much that I kept some and am using it on my shelves.  And then there was the left overs.


Yep, waste no want not.  I have been hoarding my mums old coffee jars for months now and all the wonderful pinterest ideas I had found were just not turning out the way that I wanted them to.  In a mad flash  of inspiration I thought of the garland off cuts, the jars were filled with flameless candles and scattered around the fence lines no one could see that they were off cuts wrapped around the jars and the looked so pretty twinkling away all night.


The cake.  I had no idea what I was going to do and the plan I had went out the window as soon as I put icing into the piping bag.  it was not what I envisioned at all but I do love it.


The cake table, I wish the white background was bigger but it was all I had on the night and I thought it was way bigger than what it was despite that I really loved the way it all turned out and came together, another day of organising would have been great but in the end it was pretty and girly and bright and fun. 




No comments: