Sunday, March 15, 2020

Step outside that comfort zone....

I am a creature of habit.

I tend to use, wear, eat, listen and buy the same kind of things and where longevity is concerned it gets harder to step outside of that box.

I have been paper crafting for what feels like forever and you absolutely can fall into that routine of choosing the same colours, styles and products....1000% guilty as charged.

But what happens when you step outside that box?

Good things can happen.

Case in point, this lemon and lime beauty.

Is it pink?  No.
Is it purple?  No. 
Have a splash of teal?  No.
Is it glittery?  No.

Well there you go, something outside of the norm but it works, and it works really well.




That Damask Love pattern paper is glorious!  Bonus point for being able to use my most favourite cupcake stamp set from Papermania.....many years old and still going strong.


I am really trying to push myself to create more, to use up product that I already own and to show some love to my tools and supplies that have not been used in a long time.  I am a big fan of combining the old and the new in my creations and I feel that this is a great example of how you can take something new and exciting (that damask love paper) and make it shine even brighter with things you already own.  Pretty much everything else on this card is years and years old and who would know, they compliment each other perfectly.

So advise for the day,  step outside that box and try something different, you never know, you might just like it.

No comments: