Thursday, March 22, 2012

Layout to share....

The wedding album.
Here is a little story, I was so determined to have the cheapest but beautiful budget friendly wedding possible and I believe that I had exactly that.  In saying that having a cheap wedding often means doing a lot DIY and boy did we DIY.  I made all the wedding and hens invitations, the food and decorations for the hens, my dress was made by a friend, we did the flowers, I did all the candy buffet, I made the the cupcakes and the 100's of flowers and monogrammed hearts for the top etc.....

Basically it was an entire year of wedding planning, preparations, shopping, e-bay buying, Internet comparing, find storage room for a whole wedding of decorations kind of event,  and apart from a wee little bit of rain on the day it was amazing and went off perfectly.

As soon as that wedding was over however I wanted nothing, absolutely nothing to do with weddings ever again, I have still not looked at all the photos, I have still not watched the video and I still have not done thank you's (very naughty and a wee bit rude and I think that ship has sailed).  I was so over weddings that I never wanted to have ANYTHING to do with another wedding again, ever.

Last week 11 months since the big day I finally got the empty wedding photo album out and started adding photos to it.  I also paid for an online class and one of the prompts was using multiple photos, I only had leftover wedding photos lying around so a wedding scrapbook page was made


I am really pleased with this layout, it ticks all the right boxes, the right colours, its nice and simple and I managed to use the paper from our wedding invites on there, perfect.  Now that I have actually got a start at the album I now need to sort out what photos I  want to use and I need to order the paper, and then maybe I just might have the start of an actual scrapbooked wedding album.

No comments: