Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Layouts to share....

The last few months have been a whirl wind of ups and downs and an extremely busy period in our life and to top all of it off we decided at the last moment that moving house was a brilliant idea.

So sewing machine, decorating goodies and scrapbooking supplies were all packed away into boxes and were amongst the last of the stuff to be unpacked, no creativity was happening until I had our new place in some kind of order.



These are some older iPhone photos that I forgot about so the quality is not the greatest but once I re-found them I knew I had to do a layout with them.  Actually this is the last layout that I made in our last place but as soon as it was finished it got packed away so no photos of it.  This design from this layout is another of Shimelle's 4x6 photo love classes this time I have used February as the inspiration.  This was also the first layout that I used any of the Sassafras warehouse sale paper that I received before Christmas.


Car Show Love most certainly, J and I love a good car show and the highlight of living where we do is the once a year Rodz Rock n Roll festival, we love the cars and can bribe the kids with the promise of getting carnival food and kids rides after we look at the cars.

I have used some SERIOUSLY OLD stash on this layout.  Both the striped paper (KI Memories) and the background paper (Karen Foster c.2002) are ancient and true to form this layout is a good mixture of new and old products. 
I apologise for the tired and sad edges on these papers.  That Karen Foster has actually moved countries and has possibly had seven plus house moves behind it so I guess I can cut it some slack....
What I love the most about this layout is the cogs (especially the ultra shimmery charcoal/silver colour) and the fake glimmer mist/paint splatter stamp that I have used.



Just a boy being a typical boy, lets not create art with this paint, lets eat it and make a huge mess with it instead, I just wished I had a photo of the aftermath, head to toe dark khaki paint, awesome.

Again I used that coveted glimmer mist/paint splatter stamp.  I also cut the circles from a sheet of Bella pattern paper and made the star embellishments using some die cut shapes, brads and distress ink.  I do not own all that much in the way embellishments I am more of a paper hoarder and I am not a huge over embellisher anyway so not having the perfect little bit of extra to top off a page is sometimes not a huge deal, it is amazing what you can create with just a few bits and pieces from what you already have on hand. 

No comments: