Monday, March 26, 2012

Week in review

Just another standard normal week here at the Joffe household, plenty more tantys from the little one, more hilarious things to pop out of miss T's mouth and the usual daily grind.  The only saving grace was a whole weekend of J being at home and a sunny Saturday which after all the rain we have had in South East Queensland was a lovely reprieve .
 My old school, flooded, insane.

I was born in Brisbane but did my teenage years and early twenties on the Sunshine Coast and to this day I still consider it my home.  In all my years I have never seen anything like the flooding that happened on the coast last week, it was sad and scary and unbelievable all at the same time, so much water and I am really glad that I no longer live in one of my old houses as I have no doubt that the whole house would be filled with stinky dirty canal water.

Ohhh happiness in a glass, vodka, cranberry, soda and lime.  Epic Win :)


Epic sad :(


Saturday was sunny after almost two weeks of rain so we bundled the kidlets into the car and went out to the Mt Cootha Botanical gardens, part of the fun was the kids adventure walk and trying to find all the hidden stuff in the gardens

Possibly my favourite part of the gardens in the area which houses all the cacti, so amazingly strange and beautiful in their own way.

No comments: