Sunday, April 29, 2012

Crafting to report....

I am going to let you in on a little secret, most often than not my pages sit for a few days or even weeks stuck in unfinished limbo.  Titles, journalling and adding those final touches are something that I really struggle with.  I am okay with this but am trying to fit in more crafting time so maybe I can push through the road blocks that are the final important touches to my layouts.  The two layouts below are two that I have been working on for a few weeks now.

 Behind That Smile
I have had these photos for quite some time now and I really struggled trying to find some papers that seemed to work.

Well that is some seriously old paper right there....

Remember when Making Memories was actually making consumable products and the paper had bar code stickers on the back?  I scored this paper in my local RSPCA thrift store in a bundle with some other old papers.  I was rather uninterested in the double orange and olive green block pattern but the plain olive coloured side was the perfect shade for this layout.  

 I usually don't mix my alphas up so this is a nice change, I used Echo Park, Sassafras Lass which I inked brown and covered in glossy accents and font cut with the Cricut, I think it was Happy Phantom.
This is actually a really nice and simple layout, not too much going on just took forever to get finished as I was too lazy to print out the journalling.

No comments: